Assalamu alaykum and hello!
Boy, am I glad today is an update day! Work has been crazy lately what with one person fired, another out due to health concerns, and a third having quit. That leaves laundry with only three people, which is the same number of people the day shift has alone, not to mention the evening shift (me!) or alternate workers so we can get days off here and there. In other words, for the last 8 or 9 days, I’ve been working from 5 am to 1 pm or 2 pm. Ick. By the time I get home, my brain doesn’t want to function properly.
But, who’s complaining? The pay is good and the work isn’t too terrible if not a little taxing physically.
This week went well Alhamdulillah. No missed days due to lack of motivation, although there was plenty of that anyway. It’s all about getting a schedule set up and sticking to it. A new desk helps a bunch too. Now I’m not sitting on a hard floor at a short coffee table trying to write. Let’s just see if I can keep up the good work!
Tomorrow will be the premier of a new feature here at ‘The Story of a Muslim Convert’: Islam in in the News. Insha’Allah it will be a weekly collection of links to various Islam/Muslim-related new articles from different online sources that I’ve gathered during the week before. I’m excited to get it started tomorrow insha’Allah!
As for the rest of the week, I have no idea. In the past I would come up with a daily schedule of posts, but I have yet to do that. I also don’t really like deciding ahead of time what I’ll be writing about; some days I decide to go with something easier. I don’t think any time I’ve ever had a schedule for the week that I actually followed. Therefore, I guess this week will be a surprise!
I hope fasting is going well for all of you fellow fasters! May Allah accept all of our efforts this Ramadan insha’Allah!
Iman
No comments:
Post a Comment