Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekly Update: August 12, 2011

Assalamu alaykum and hello!

This will be a quick update seeing as I really have nothing to report. For the last two or three weeks, all I do is sleep, work, nap, and tackle a lengthy, never-ending to-do list. Today was the same. So, nothing exciting to write about.

Tomorrow will be another edition of ‘Islam in the News.’ I’ve been keeping up with Islam-related news this week and have some good articles to share insha’Allah. As for the rest of the upcoming week, it’ll be the same as usual.

And that’s about it (see, I said it was going to be short!).

But, before I go, I would like to share something I came across this week via someone I follow on Twitter. YouTube has a live streaming video of Makkah. I’ve watched it for a few minutes here and there when I have free time, and it’s amazing! Watching in conjunction with the Qur’anic recitation of the imam fills my heart with a feeling that is hard to explain. I can only imagine what it’s like to be there in person and see and hear all of this! Here’s the link for those of you interested in checking out the live stream: http://www.youtube.com/user/MakkahLive

May Allah protect you all insha’Allah!

Iman

No comments:

Post a Comment