Below you will find the last parts of my conversion story. But before I include those videos in this post, I would like to say something I wasn’t able to fit into the two videos.
I’ve been through a lot of prejudice and persecution at the hands of my family, but I realize it could have been a lot worse. Alhamdulillah those within my family who reacted negatively to my conversion have more or less come to accept the fact that I am a Muslim and do not treat me any differently simply because I believe in what I believe. My grandma still heckles me about returning to Christianity, but otherwise nobody bothers me about being a Muslim.
I’ve heard plenty of stories about people converting only to have their families, their friends abandon or disown them. They lose pretty much everything in their lives that had meaning. None of that happened to me Alhamdulillah and you cannot imagine how grateful I am to Allah that is so. I may not be entirely close to the majority of my family, but everything could have turned out a lot worse than it did.
I thank Allah for all that He has blessed me with, and I pray He keeps me on the right path…Ameen!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I think the story is amazing. But of course I have a bit of a bias here knowing the people you are discussing.
ReplyDeleteLove you very much! And are you back home now?
Glad you think it’s amazing…there was way more I wanted to speak about, but there just isn’t enough time!
ReplyDeleteLove you too! And no, I’m not home yet…still in the UK!