Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Who Needs a Toothbrush?!

Assalamu alaykum!

Change is good! At least most of the time. Today I decided to do something a bit different; rather than publishing a plain, old written blog entry, I got with the times (because really, who in their right mind writes anymore?) and uploaded a video. Yay for vlogging!

Actually, I was just lazy today. I didn’t want to write anything, so I figured I’d stick with the laziness and just record a video.

First, sorry for the lighting – it’s probably not the best – and for the glare on my glasses; I would take them off, but I’m blind so I won’t do that. The video quality and sound quality aren’t the best either, but all I’m using is what’s built into my laptop; nothing fancy. And yes, I do have notes; you try and memorize all the benefits of using a miswak!

Second, I’m not sure if this is something I’m going to stick with. For one, I hate being in front of cameras; I’d much rather be behind them. And, most importantly, as a Muslim lady, I don’t necessarily believe I need to be ‘out there’ with videos all over YouTube and the Internet in general.

More than likely, even if I do post more entries like this, most of my posts will be written. Writing works better for some subjects and I enjoy writing far more than speaking to a camera!

But, I’d like your opinion. If you look in the left column, there will be two polls. The top one refers to this vlog post. Please answer and let me know if you think I should include more videos or keep to my general writing.

Lastly, there is another poll right underneath the first one. It would be great to know if the majority of my viewers are Muslim or non-Muslim. Such information would allow me to tweek my posts so they target the right audience. So please tell me if you are a Muslim or a non-Muslim!

Iman

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



No comments:

Post a Comment