Assalamu alaykum!
Blogger has had some issues in the past 24 hours or so which you may or may not have noticed. Blogs supported by Blogger have been in read-only mode since then, so nobody has been able to publish anything – including me.
The issue had something to do with an update; therefore, when stuff started happening, the blogs were rolled back to some time on Wednesday. All posts/comments published after that time were removed but were supposedly saved. Again, this includes me and that which I posted on Thursday: the second half of my conversion/reversion story. I’m not really sure when these posts were removed, so some of you might have seen it. But Alhamdulillah the last time I checked everything except for the one comment on that post was back; no worries then:)
So now that Blogger is working again…
I would have to say today was a rather boring day. I was alone for most of the morning so I chose to go to the park to – what else? – feed the birds and just wander around. A trip to the grocery store was necessary first so I could get some bread as well as breakfast. With that in hand I made my way to the park and sat down near a small pond to eat the fig rolls and orange juice. It wasn’t long before two squirrels joined me. In the search of food, one came close enough to me he was almost in my lap!
Then I spent close to 2 and half hours wandering around the park and feeding the ducks and geese. The great thing about the particular park I go to is huge and mostly forested. It was once an estate belonging to some influential person and has since been transformed into a municipal park. Except for the occasional sound of traffic from a major highway not far away, the park is exceptionally quiet and is a perfect place to just enjoy nature.
I will admit the park was not nearly exciting as I hoped it would be – and I figured I should do this update anyway:) – so I returned home. And then I ate some leftover chana masala and pita bread. And now I’m writing this. A bit boring, right?
Anyway, what’s on the table for this week?
Well, Saturday and Sunday will be the same as last week: a chapter (the second this weekend) from my current novel-in-progress. Insha’Allah I’ll include a link both to the accompanying glossary and character list in the two parts of the chapter. As for the rest of the week, I’ll be getting to those topics mentioned in last week’s update that I wasn’t able to do this week.
Some of you may be wondering if I plan on doing any more videos any time soon. I really can’t say for sure whether I will or won’t. I’m going to guess the answer is there won’t be many anytime soon, but I can’t say for sure. It’ll be a surprise if I do!
I hope you had/have a great Friday and have an equally great weekend!
Allah Hafiz!
Iman
A goose family in the park!
No comments:
Post a Comment