Friday, September 2, 2011

Weekly Update: September 2, 2011

Assalamu alaykum and hello!

Well, the last few days have gone by quickly. I really enjoyed not having to worry about getting something posted here at ‘The Story of a Muslim Convert.’ That’s not to say I don’t enjoy all the blogging I do! It’s probably one of my favorite pastimes. But sometimes it’s just nice to take a break from writing for a couple days. I finally had a chance to get a few more things done.

Before I move on to the next subject, I’d like to talk about numbers. Specifically the number of views/reads I had last month. August was a record-breaking month at least when it comes to total views per month. Prior to last month, the previous highest number of views in a month was back in May with 1,499 views that month. This August, that record was broken with 1,731 views. September is a new month and I’m hoping I can beat that record and take the number up to 2,000 views/reads insha’Allah!

Such a number might be hard to reach as a few things might be changing in my life in September. Perhaps a second job insha’Allah. Taking a few Islamic courses insha’Allah. If I have a hard enough time blogging now, I’m sure it will get interesting the busier I get, particularly if I do end up with a second job! But I will stick to my plan of posting daily; there just might be more copied-and-pasted type articles.

With that out of the way, the next topic is the ‘Daily Qur’an and Hadith’ feature. Tomorrow the last DQH in the latest reserve will be published. This would usually mean I’d have to spend my day off Saturday creating another month or two of DQH posts. However, this time around, I’m not entirely sure I’m going to keep this daily feature. It takes a lot of time and energy to create each post, but they don’t get as much attention as the main content posts.

So, this week I’m going to post a poll to get some feedback on DQH. It would be great if you could help me decided whether or not to keep DQH! Just check out the top of the right hand column and you should find a widget titled ‘Poll: Daily Qur’an and Hadith.’ Choose your response and hit enter! That’s all there is to. I appreciate your feedback!

The rest of the week will be the same as usual insha’Allah so that’s about it for this update!

Have a good weekend!

Iman

1 comment:

  1. assalamualaikum sister.. i want to make a suggestion about DQH, it would be more interesting if you made a spesific topic on what surah and hadith you post and give a title, for example the topic of sholah, or hijab and post a verse of Quran and hadith on the topic, to make it easier change DQH to WQH W=weekly.. ;-) so if you get busy you will still have time to post QH. Barakallah for your blog and EID MUBARAK.. salam

    ReplyDelete