Assalamu alaykum and hello!
You may have noticed a few differences when you stopped by ‘The Story of a Muslim Convert.’ Some of you may have been expecting this thanks to a quick update on the ‘old’ blog site – which is actually the same site. I was planning on changing the email address/Google account associated with the blog, but it would have been tough and I don’t think I could keep the URL. So the site stayed.
But as you’ve probably noticed, the visual aspect of the blog has changed: the background, the font colors, the layout, and so on. The background image is a stunning sunset over Lahore’s Badshahi Masjid, my second favorite masjid in the world (third only to Masjid al-Haram in Makkah and al-Masjid al-Nabawi in Madinah of course!). The design of the blog followed from there as I chose colors that worked well with the colors of the background. Rather than sticking with the previous layout, I chose to go with something new…change is nice sometimes.
One day in the near future insha’Allah ‘Daily Qur’an and Hadith’ will be returning. And insha’Allah soon I’ll get back to posting daily with updates every Friday. It’s hard to say exactly when I’ll actually get back to a regular blogging schedule. The last week or two has been spent job hunting which takes up a lot of time. Then family has been visiting for 10 days which eats up even more time. At least I managed to find a job Alhamdulillah so I won’t be spending any more time job hunting; although, now I have to work a few days a week. After a couple weeks of working, I’m hoping to get a schedule started which will help me get back to blogging regularly.
And I suppose I must admit motivation is lacking right now. I seem to have misplaced it but the good news is I’m currently looking for it. Not sure when I’ll find it though.
I hope you like the new blog design and layout! Feel free to leave any comments/suggestions!
Iman
No comments:
Post a Comment