Friday, July 8, 2011

Weekly Update: July 8, 2011

Assalamu alaykum and hello!

Finally! I’m ready to begin blogging regularly again insha’Allah. It only took three or four weeks to reach this point!

I received my work schedule for the month so I was able to create a schedule, which includes plenty of time for writing and blogging. I’m still short on motivation, but that’s always been an issue so I’ll just have to return to forcing myself to write something every day. Truthfully, it isn’t that hard to do.

And, while I adore my uncle and his family, I’m happy they’re finally gone after almost two weeks. The resulting peace and quiet makes it easier to sit down and blog. Now I have my room, and thus my writing space, back. It’s awfully hard to write when I don’t have a desk. Well, I still don’t have a desk, but sitting on the floor at a coffee table works just as well I suppose.

I probably won’t get around to posting anything this weekend, but insha’Allah come Monday I’ll begin posting daily. Expect a post every day, around 6 pm or 7 pm my time (time zone: CDT or UTC -06:00).

I’m not sure which topics will come up this week although I do have some ideas. First there’s a post I’ve been meaning to write for some time about my experiences with wearing a hijab. Also, I’ve received plenty of questions about my religion since arriving in Sioux Falls, which I think will be the subject of a future post insha’Allah. There are a few other ideas I have as well, not sure what I’ll get to and what I’ll actually write.

‘Daily Qur’an and Hadith’ is still in the works. I haven’t had a chance to create weekly stocks so I can resume posting DQH. I’m hoping I can persuade myself to spend a couple hours working on those posts sometime this weekend insha’Allah. I don’t have anything better to do other than sit in the basement and watch write or read.

I’ve also been considering starting a weekly post called ‘Islam in the News.’ Several of the people/groups/organizations I follow on Twitter often post news articles about Islam, mainly from the US but from all over the world as well. Over the week I would select several of these articles as well as articles I find myself. Then on Saturday, I would publish a post with links to the chosen articles as well as maybe the first paragraph or so. There’s really no reason why I would like to do this; truthfully, I just wants something easy to do for the weekends rather than not posting anything.

So, I believe that is all for this week. Hopefully I can finally get around to posting daily again insha’Allah!

Have a good weekend and an upcoming week!

Iman

No comments:

Post a Comment