Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekly Update: Feb 27 - Mar 5


Assalamu alaykum!

I hate Minnesota.

Actually, I shouldn’t say that. I love Minnesota, but I hate the winters here. The low for yesterday morning was forecasted to be -10F (-23C), but I awoke to find -18F (-28C) displayed on my thermometer. Minus ten, minus twenty…at that point, there really is no difference: it’s still cold. On the positive side, there was no wind! But just a little over a week ago, it managed to reach 55F (13C)! Where did that weather go?!

Oh well…it’s supposed to warm up at least slightly within the coming week. But whatever the weather decides to do, I’ll be busy inside, where it’s nice and toasty! Here’s what I have planned for the week ahead:

Monday – America: Home of the Ignorant, Land of the Intolerant

Tuesday – Schoolboy Bomber

Wednesday – Life with the Enemy

Thursday – Defining Jihad

Friday – Resolution and Reflection Week 8

Of course, this is not set in stone. Last week I made several changes in regards to what I posted and when, and the same might happen this week as well. It depends on what I feel like when it comes time to write the post!

Last week I added something new, as some of you probably noticed. Every day at noon I’ll be posting a Qur’an verses(s) as well as a hadith. There really is no system here…I just pick a random Qur’an verses and a random hadith. Sometimes the verse I use is one I came across during a recent reading session, but usually I simply open the Qur’an, skim, and pick a small section that I would like to share. Hope you enjoy this new addition or even gain something from it!

Before I finish and go find some leftover chicken curry in the fridge, I would like to thank all my readers. This last week has been great in regards to how many page/post views I’ve had. I suppose actually posting regularly helps:)

Ma’asalama

Iman


Winter in Minnesota

3 comments:

  1. It has been very cold! It is going to be cold for two more weeks! Grrr!!! Nice photo btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it was lovely. i love winters and snow ... cant explain how much i luv it. though i hvnt ever seen sno fall but i want to. its always warm and hot here and in winters it is not less then 6C and that happens only at fajar.
    so in a nutshell i want to see snow fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake -- I don't want to hear about the upcoming cold...it's rather depressing...it wouldn't be so bad if it stayed cold and started to warm up, but no, it has to be cold, then warm, then cold again, then warm again, and so on...it was nice today, but the low for tomorrow night is supposed to be -18?! That's what bothers me!
    And thanks for the complement! I really need a better camera though!

    Namrah -- I don't mind the snow...it's really pretty sometimes. The part I dislike is the cold. If it would stay close to 0C, then I wouldn't mind the weather, but when it gets too cold, it begins to get annoying. And the snow does start to lose it's beauty after awhile as well...I know a couple people originally from Pakistan who don't like the snow as much as they did when they first experienced it!

    ReplyDelete