Friday, March 4, 2011

Update: March 4, 2011

Assalamu alaykum!

Due to a lack of reads, I decided to discontinue the ‘Resolution and Reflection’ series. Most of my reads were originating from my other pieces, those that I post on Monday through Thursday. This is not terribly surprising as even I find the weekday posts to be a lot more interesting to write.

Instead, I will be replacing the weekly ‘R and R’ posts with others similar to what I post during the week. Also, I would like to switch Friday posting to Saturday posting. Therefore I will be posting Saturday through Thursday. Insha’Allah this will get me more reads and I’ll be able to spend more time writing something that people will be interested in reading.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to post anything today (other than this message) in place of the expected ‘R and R.’ I am currently studying for an exam on the fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) of menstruation; if any of you have ever studied fiqh, you know it’s far from easy. For those of you who haven’t, let’s just say it isn’t a leisurely stroll in the park. I had something in mind, but I needed to spend the day studying.

However, I have a perfect post in mind for tomorrow, and it fits perfectly with sometime I’m doing tomorrow. So insha’Allah I will post tomorrow at the usual time (6 pm CST) instead of posting today.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Ma’asalama

Iman

2 comments:

  1. Holy kabazzle! Your readership is growing quickly! Keep up the excellent work! I look forward to being challenged by your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit surprised as well! And thanks! My writing hasn't really been up to par lately, so in the future I hope I can get back to writing more in-depth, more thought-provoking posts.

    ReplyDelete