Assalamu alaykum!
There are times when I would love to throw my computer out the window…ever get that feeling yourself?
Now, I never had any troubles with my old laptop, a refurbished thing bought from a hole-in-the-wall store about five years ago. The only reason I purchased myself a new computer was because the wireless card was on the fritz. My grandma (not the one from Oil and Water…the other one) wanted me to have a well-functioning machine for my first year of college and a faulty wireless card just wasn’t going to work…of course, the wireless card didn’t work in my new one for half the year anyway and I never used wireless…Ethernet is where it’s all at! Oh, and my mom uses my old laptop and the wireless has never given her any troubles…figures *sigh*
Anyway, back in November of 2009 this new laptop crashed, or suffered a fatal error, or something…it was that dreaded blue screen of doom…or death if you want to be more dramatic. So, I had to spend my Friday evening restoring my computer with the back-up CD’s…that was probably the most exciting Friday night of my freshman year. Of course all the settings changed, and this was when the volume bar began. Every time I change the volume, this annoying bar pops up in the middle of the screen before disappearing as quickly as it came. For the most part, this bar is of no consequence…it comes, it goes. But then there are times when it causes my computer to freeze. That is irritating. What’s worse, it comes and goes. There will be three months of no problems, then a month of volume-bar freezing. Two weeks ago, I had to restart my computer ten times in six days. And now? The problem is no more, at least for a couple months or so until it decides to become a problem again.
And nobody can tell me how to get rid of it.
By now, the list of what’s wrong with my laptop is about as long as the list of what’s wrong with my parents’ fifteen-year-old Nissan that’s literally falling apart. The left-click button is loose and wobbles all over the place, the E drive won’t play CD’s or CD-ROM’s, the wireless decides not to work sometimes, and I could go on. The only advantage this laptop has over my old one is that it doesn’t run slower than molasses in January.
Well, enough about me and my dysfunctional thinking machine…I’m sure I’ve bored you in my attempt to be half-way funny. What’s on the schedule for this week?
Monday – The Importance of Sunnah
Tuesday – From Behind the Mask
Wednesday – Keepin’ it Halaal
Thursday – Muslims: The New Consumer Niche
Friday – Adventures in Fiqh
Again, as I said a week ago, this is not set in stone. Anybody who read last week’s update and then the following posts throughout the week can tell you that. Only Monday went as planned. But insha’Allah I’ll stick to what I have here this week.
For those of you who missed Friday’s update, I decided to lose the ‘Resolution and Reflection’ series simply because it wasn’t getting very many reads. I thought about it and figured my time might be better spent writing something else. Instead I’m replacing it with a post on Friday that’s like the Monday through Thursdays. Hopefully that will bring more readers to my site insha’Allah!
Otherwise, nothing has changed in the last week. I’m still posting at 6 pm Monday through Thursday. Every day at noon (12 pm) I will still post a verse(s) from the Qur’an and a hadith. Nothing new there.
Another thing I want to start is taking suggestions from readers. If you want to see a post on a certain topic, or if you have a questions, or whatever, email me or leave a comment and I’ll see what I can do. I can’t promise anything because it’s hard for me to write something simply because someone tells me to. But insha’Allah I’ll try to figure something out!
Oh, and if you know anyone who can help me with my rebellious laptop, please let me know. I’d love to be able to fix it, and if you can do that, I will be your friend forever and ever :D
Well, it’s Sunday, cleaning day, and the house isn’t going to clean itself (sadly). I better get to it!
Ma’asalama
Iman
No comments:
Post a Comment